Samsung Android 9 Pie Update Schedule
Here’s the latest update to the Samsung update schedule for Android 9.0 Pie. As you can see, since the last update quite a few models have now been updated successfully.
We would like to inform users about the Android 9.0 Pie update optimised to improve the mobile experience for our Galaxy customers. At Samsung, we are committed to providing our customers with the best experience possible. Through customer feedback we are constantly seeking to improve user experience on our products and services, and look forward to bringing you more convenient and safe features in the future.Here is everything you need to know about the Android Pie update.
|Galaxy J7||August 2019|
|Galaxy Tab S3||August 2019|
|Galaxy Tab S3 9.7||September 2019|
|Galaxy J3 (2017)||September 2019|
|Galaxy J5||September 2019|
|Galaxy S8||March 2019|
|Galaxy S8+||March 2019|
|Galaxy S9||February 2019|
|Galaxy S9+||February 2019|
|Galaxy Note8||March 2019|
|Galaxy Note9||March 2019|
|Galaxy A9 (2018)||June 2019|
|Galaxy A8 (2018)||April 2019|
|Galaxy A7 (2018)||June 2019|
|Galaxy A6||June 2019|
|Galaxy J6||May 2019|
|Galaxy J6+||May 2019|
|Galaxy J4+||June 2019|
|Galaxy Tab S4 10.5||May 2019|
|Galaxy Tab A||June 2019|
|Galaxy Tab Active2||June 2019|
|[In Progress, Some Completed]|
|Galaxy XCover4||Jul 2019|
The update schedule and eligible models may vary should any issues arise during the ongoing review. Should an emergency fix be required, the update may be postponed even after the official release date. We will notify you through Samsung Members of any changes to the update schedule or list of eligible models.
Pie OS Update Schedule & major changing points
The major changes of One UI and Android Pie are as follows.*
Supported functions may vary depending on model, country and network provider.
– Content, settings and other information have been reorganised to keep you focussed on the task at hand.
– Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
– New designs and features, such as Night Mode, help reduce eyestrain.
– Reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
– Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
– Turn on or off the notifications in a category in an app’s notification settings.
– New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
– New adaptive theme changes the colour of the keyboard based on the app you’re using.
– Floating keyboard is available in all apps, including new size and transparency settings.
– Set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
– Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
– The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
Always On Display
– New clock styles have been added, including the option to show a calendar with your schedule.
– Charging information has been added to let you know how much time is remaining until fully charged.
– Show Always On Display whenever the screen is off, or set it to show for 30 seconds when you tap the screen.
– Menus have been reorganised to make settings easier to find.
– Continue using your phone while DeX is being displayed on a monitor or TV.
– Use Samsung DeX with supported HDMI adapters, without the need for a DeX Station.
– Bixby is all new, with a range of improvements and new features.
– Swipe left from the Bixby main screen to explore the latest features and supported apps.
– Control the Bixby key in settings to decide what happens when you press or double press.
– Sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
– Your call history is increased from 500 entries to include up to 2,000.
– The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
– The new Scene optimiser automatically enhances the camera’s colour settings to fit the picture.
– Photo Editor Pro’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups within the app.
– The new storage analysis tool helps you monitor storage usage and save space.
– Show or hide items on the My Files home screen.
– Your daily step count is displayed in the notification panel.
Other improvements and changes
– The lift to wake feature turns on the screen automatically whenever you pick up your phone.
– Access Kids Home on the quick panel.
– Call stickers has been discontinued.
– HEIF images are now supported.